As you embark upon your studies at Baylor, you may still be wondering how your classes will translate into a fulfilling career. The Career Center staff helps students discover career possibilities through:
Premium professional resources
- In addition to personalized career coaching, the career center offers all students access to premium professional resources. Instructions and best practices for each of these resources are available through Handshake. Our CSPs are available to assist you and ensure that you get the most benefit from each tool.
Job market analysis
- Meet with a Career Success Professional to learn how to research the job outlook in fields that interest you and how to increase your competitiveness. We can also help you locate salary data to help you make career decisions and know your worth when you head into salary negotiations.
Employer activity by major and industry
- Our team is eager to help you understand which employers are recruiting students at Baylor, and which opportunities could fit well with your major. We can also provide insight based on the successful career moves of your major’s graduates.
- Informational interviews and mentoring are incredibly useful as you reflect upon what career field best suits you. We can guide you in making the most of professional networking tools, such as CareerShift and LinkedIn.
Assistance with finding internships and jobs
- From internships to full-time employment, our Handshake database contains hundreds of opportunities, with new jobs being added daily. Our staff can help you maximize your search strategies using Handshake and other tools and open your eyes to the many possibilities available with your major.