Mission and Calling
Baylor's mission is to educate students for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment in a caring community.
The Mission of the Baylor University Career Center is to ensure each student has the opportunity and support to achieve their career potential.
Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not people.
This scripture is at the heart of our department’s mission to prepare students so they can truly realize their career dreams. Our classroom and coaching efforts push our students to look at their professional careers as part of their personal testimony to the world, a chance to be an example to others of work ethic, integrity and making a positive impact in the world.
We provide intentional engagement and career life coaching to help our students embrace the fear and unknowns that can be associated with the post-graduation, professional world. Understanding Colossians 3:23 in a practical application of career development helps turn the uncertainty associated with their career future into the strength of hope and peace that comes from feeling a part of God’s plan. This attitude to make work more than just a job, not only makes our students more employable, but provides them with an inner source of purpose rather than frustration when they face life’s stress and challenges.
Our office is committed to the following:
- Every student at Baylor University will have access to career resources
- Every student at Baylor University will have dedicated career professionals available to them, based on their major
- Career information such as job placement, grad school placement, student career success, average salaries, major employers and overall career profiles of each graduating class will be shared to students, staff, faculty and key stakeholders on a regular and timely basis
- There will be a strong push to actively increase the engagement and student ownership in their respective career success
- The programs provided by the Baylor University Career Center will facilitate greater connection to Baylor alumni in support of the student’s career progression
Baylor Career Center Values
- Student-Centered Approach
- Holistic View of Students
- Appreciation for Diversity
- Respect for Christian Tradition
We believe that Career Success Starts Now, meaning that it is never too early to start on your career path. The Baylor University Career Center is here to enhance your education and experience at Baylor and further prepare you to go into the world, follow your calling, and find success in all that you do.