Why Hire a Baylor Student
Baylor University has been named among the nation’s top 10 Most Trusted Universities, according to global research firm Morning Consult as part of its Most Trusted Brands project, the definitive measure of consumer brand trust across industries, including higher education. Baylor University and its students are known for the quality and integrity of their character. Our work in the Baylor University Career Center ensures that students who engage with us have the best tools and resources available for success. We are grateful for our company partners who see how beneficial Baylor students can be for their companies. They trust that these students are prepared to meet the needs and handle challenges of any job.
"The Baylor University Career Center team has been a key player in the success of Accenture’s recruiting efforts on the campus of Baylor University. The team has aided in smooth transitions between recruiting seasons, and been a voice for Accenture when we could not be on campus. Accenture is very fortunate to have a relationship with such an amazing team who has helped us lead a presence amongst several academic colleges, clubs, organizations and key events". - Kendrick Harris, Accenture
Career Development Classes
One of the most beneficial ways the Career Center assists Baylor students is through the Career Development courses (PRD 2101, CSD 2101, ECS 2101, PUBH 2101, BUS 2101, BUS 3101). These courses are designed to prepare students for the workforce. In these on-campus, one-credit-hour courses, students explore their career interests and opportunities, learn about the numerous career resources available, practice career-oriented life skills and get ahead in their career preparation and planning long before graduation.
Professional skills taught include:
- Refining career goals through career discovery and assessments
- How to develop and refine a résumé and craft cover letters
- Exploring methods to stand out in the job search including networking and personal branding
- Learning and preparing for interviewing and professional introductions
- Searching for relevant internship and job opportunities while at Baylor
- Strategic job search and negotiation techniques
- Graduate school positioning
- Professional etiquette skills